Phillips Fencing, Inc. has been providing security, privacy, and beauty through our fence and deck products since 1975. Our mission is 100% Customer Satisfaction–Guaranteed. We are currently going through a growth period and need your help. We’re very excited about the vision and direction we are headed.
Type of Employment: Full Time
Number of Hours: 40
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm
Wages: $14-20/ hr
Benefits: TBD (vacation/ bonuses /hc)
You will help manage the internal operations of the company while staying connected to all of its intricate parts. You will ensure that our mission for 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is met and exceeded each day by coordinating and communicating proficiently between departments, as well as with our customers. Your management and implementation of our systems are imperative to your success, as well as to the success of the company as a whole.
You will be assisting customers first and foremost via phone and walk-ins, as well as managing systems and resources, and working closely with the Office Manager and CEO to ensure we’re achieving our goals as a company.
You will help to ensure that our mission for 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is met and exceeded each day by your interaction with customers, attention to detail, and proficiency communicating with the Office Manager and each department. Your management and implementation of our systems is imperative to your success, as well as to the success of our team. You will often be the first person our customers see as they come in or speak to when they call.
Responsibilities, Accountability & Expectations:
You work closely with the CEO, Office Manager, and Sales Team. Your customer service is very important to your success as well as to the success of our team.
Our primary aim is to achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction: Ensuring that our mission, principles, culture, and goals show in all that we do.
A group of guidelines is listed below. Our company principles will continue to guide and refine our roles and responsibilities.
The following are some of the activities you will assist with:
- Customer Service
- Emails and telephone calls
- Customer walk-ins
- A sales process that may include transactions, cash, and credit
- Ordering process
- Filing process
- Communication between team members
- Managing your time
- Inventory and supplies
- HR tasks
- Data entry
- Improving processes
- Working on company research
- Goal setting achievement
- You’re someone who is eager to contribute to the growth and future of the company while in return being rewarded for the results you create.
- You are someone who strives for growth both professionally and personally and values the benefits of a great company culture, timeless principles, and goal setting.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented. You may have done event planning, project management or bookkeeping because you’re good at logistics and details, and you like to always write lists and work from a checklist.
- You’re someone who is dependable (I’m talking about VERY dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type). I would prefer if you were that person in grade school that got the award when moving on to middle school for perfect attendance in every grade.
- You have a dependable vehicle.
- You’re someone who doesn’t take things personally, have feelings hurt easily, or is easily offended.
- You stay objective and like to always use logic to make decisions.
- You’re cool and relaxed, but always pushing to get things done. It’s important that you like to take responsibility, and your focus is always delivering results.
- You enjoy working with others but are results-driven and goal-oriented and, therefore, don’t waste time chatting the day away. You know the value of building relationships, yet there are a time and place for social-hour.
- You’re “tech savvy” enough to operate a computer, using programs like Microsoft Office, calendars, email, ordering things online, doing research, etc.
Additional Skills or Requirements:
- A business degree or other qualifying education and experience is desirable but not required.
- Administrative skills, organizational skills, and customer service skills
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to set goals and achieve them
- Self-motivated, passionate, positive and polite
- Business experience a plus but not necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Preparing business correspondence, typically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Data entry using the 10-key keypad
- Sending faxes
- Managing files
- Address customer concerns in accordance with company principles and policies
- Performing multifaceted general office support
- Sending and receiving forms for the company
- Answering the phone
- Operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers and computers
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Confidentially maintain customer information
- Retail experience a plus but not required
- Believing in, knowing, and performing company principles and culture
- Understanding the vision and the “why” of the company
- Knowing, following, and performing in accordance with the established Operations Manual
- Being dependable and punctual
- Courteous and respectful to ALL team members, customers, and others you have contact with during your day
- Professionalism: being in uniform; good grooming habits; no smoking on job sites, company grounds or property
- Adherence to the Zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy
- Positive attitude—negativity will not be tolerated
- Open communication within and throughout all departments. Voice suggestions as well as concerns.
- Help build a positive and fun family culture within the company.
- Love what you do.
- Leave a positive impression on the people you meet each day.
- Practice respect and care of PFI property—this includes vehicles, equipment, tools, etc.—lack of respect results in damages, losses and expenses—therefore, reducing net profits—therefore, reducing bonuses.
- Resourcefulness and continuous improvement in all areas of your work and life.
- Be willing to try new ideas for the good of the customer, the organization, and production.
- Our people are our greatest assets. Our time is our greatest resource. Treat them both with care.
- Individuals will be rewarded for their contributions as well as the collective team contributions to the org.
- Bonus compensation will be linked directly to results. Carefully considering each expectation, as well as overall performance, both individually and as a team.
Work environment will consist primarily within the front office. There will be times, however, that you’ll need to assist customers in our outdoor showroom by showing products and answering questions.
As a training requirement, you will shadow some of our team to learn the many facets of the company, as well as accompany the Field Operations Manager to an installation site to observe the install process, gain product and field knowledge.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position will not require much lifting or strenuous physical activities.
The internal operations that you will be working within and managing will require a strong sense of organization, mental agility, calm and patience. It is recommended that you take short mental breaks throughout the day to stay focused.
Please send us an email: email@example.com which includes the following (you can mail if position doesn’t require emailing skills):
- Your career history, with each position you’ve had, what your responsibilities were, who your boss was– along with what each of your bosses would say were your strengths and weaknesses. Please also include contact information for each of your previous bosses so we can check your references.
- A resume, if you have one.
- What are your expectations from our company (culture, wages, hours, vacation time, benefits, etc.)?
- Confirmation that you meet the requirements listed and/or are willing to learn them.
It’s important that you tell us why you think you’re a good fit for our company based on what is listed above with particular focus on the leadership, organizational aspects and attention to detail, your strong work ethic, passion for working outdoors, building things, and being involved in a company with a strong culture of excellence. We will review every response received and will contact you if we believe you’d be a good fit. Thank you for your interest in our company and for your time.